Vision & Values
At Durham Lane Primary School, we aim to maintain a secure, caring and stimulating community in which children are encouraged to have respect for themselves and each other. Through quality teaching and learning, children are given the opportunity to develop individuality and responsibility, and are challenged to achieve their full potential. We believe it is important that we develop the whole child, nurturing the academic, creative, spiritual, aesthetic and social aspects equally. Self-discipline and acceptable codes of behaviour are valued and promoted. We see our school as being at the heart of a larger community and we encourage our children to value and celebrate the diversities they encounter in this community and the wider world. Everything we do is for our children.
Parental Survey January 2023
- 100% of our parents stated that their child was happy at Durham Lane.
- 100% of our parents agreed that their child felt safe.
- 99% of our parents stated that the school makes them aware of what their child will learn during the year.
- 99% of our parents stated that when they have raised concerns with the school, they have been dealt with swiftly and properly.
- 100% of parents, agreed that their child is doing well at Durham Lane Primary.
- 100% of parents, stated that their child can take part in clubs and activities at Durham Lane Primary.
- 100% of parents stated that Durham Lane supports their child with their wider personal development.
- 100% of parents would recommend this school to another parent.
Some parents have raised some questions with regards to whether homework could be a mixture of paper-based and Seesaw. I can confirm that class teachers will be using a mixture in the future. I really appreciate your feedback.